Wednesday 9 February 2011

My heart radiates for you...

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Or do you think it's a load of over-hyped, consumerist nonsense? I veer towards the latter. Matt and I never do anything special. If we've been a bit bored in the days beforehand one of us might be the lucky recipient of a handmade card, but that's it. Over-priced, 'romantic' dinners jammed in amongst gawd knows how many other moony couples? Not for us thank you.

However.

However.

How cute are these hand made cards?

image courtesy of Kraze4Paper

...and inside:

image courtesy of Kraze4Paper

I'm smitten!

My boyfriend has nicknamed me 'Chimp' (it's really probably best not to ask) - not the most flattering of pet names I must admit. But seeing this I just thought how cute it would be to make him a similar card with a little chimp inside!

I'm definitely giving it a go. In fact I have already started my version, I will post back here when I'm done! Or you can buy them from the Etsy shop Kraze4Paper. They have lots of other quirky cards, although they are based in Canada so maybe not so good for us UK people.

PS..at work we have also been swooning over these geeky sciency cards...

image courtesy of Oodles Etsy shop

My heart radiates for you! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge Valentines Day fan anymore, but yeah, those cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't do valentine's day either, but these cards are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find Valentine's is great when you've just started dating someone you really like (provided they do something nice for you!) but when you're married as I am or in a long term relationship it's not exactly exciting (though I don't mind getting roses and chocolates!). And it's horrible for single people! Singles should have their own day. A single friend of mine celebrates Anti-Valentine's with her friend, they watch horror movies and pig out.

    (Thanks for the lovely support, by the way!) ♥

    ReplyDelete