When I posted asking for recommendations for online fabric shops based in UK, a few of you commented that you'd be checking back to see the suggestions. As I am an uber-helpful little soul, I thought I'd do a special post on the subject, listing all the recommendations I received and adding a few of my own. The following are from Tilly, Stevie, Karen and Jane, so a big thank you to them. You can see who recommended what on my original post.
I will be browsing this lot thoroughly in my lunch hour...
I have not yet bought fabric online - I don't feel confident enough yet in my fabric knowledge to be sure I am buying the right thing. Plus I work right opposite the Oxford Street John Lewis (and 5 mins from Liberty) so I'm rather fortunate in my fabric-buying options. However over the past few months I have stumbled across some fabric sites that have had me drooling. I'll share them here, but I can't personally vouch for their quality/service! They are:
- Gaga fabrics - they have some really fun, retro inspired fabrics, I love browsing their site.
- The Cotton Spool - recommended to me as a local (North London) company. I've fallen in love with this duck print!
- Fabric Inspirations - they have a big selection of retro inspired fabrics, fun to browse.
- Spinster's Emporium - I've only recently discovered this site but they have a lovely selection of fabrics, buttons and trims.
- Vintage Pretty - this ebay shop has an eclectic selection - some very odd fabrics, for example this scary kitten one! Might be useful if you're looking for something unusual.
- The Vintage Fabric Market - they don't have a massive selection but worth keeping an eye on for vintage buttons and fabrics.
Now, someone hide my wallet.....
What fabric shops do you have bookmarked? Am I missing any gems? Leave me a comment and I'll add your suggestion to this post.